Welcome

WELCOME- My name is Tyson Devereux. I grew up in the Boise/Meridian area. I chose to be a chiropractor because the chiropractors in my life were filled with passion and love - and I may not have known what chiropractic was - All I knew was that I wanted to have a career and life filled with the same love and passion and satisfaction helping others. I attended Parker University which was an amazing experience. It was a long journey and not only did a gain that love and passion I was seeking, but I came back with a message - a message of health and wellness.

I started this blog when I was just starting my journey through school. I plan to continue this blog now as a practicing doctor - to utilize this media to share my message to anyone willing to listen. I know this blog can or will be useful to anyone who desires to read it. I will try to post as frequently as I can. As well as, if there are any questions, please feel free to ask . . or even provide any addition answers or insight. So come and enjoy the fountain of knowledge, or just have fun feeding the fish.

My goal - To provide helpful information, to make it available to help one another, to take control of our lives, and to take back our Health


Search This Blog

Friday, October 15, 2010

Soy and Hypothyroid

This is a debate I am still trying to figure out which side I stand on.  I don't want to post any little thing I find, and I'm not fully convinced with this article, but there were a few things I did find interesting and I think is absolutely correct. Soy does contain goitrogens, which has negative effects on the thyroid.  I'll let you read for yourself
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/10/13/soy-controversy-and-health-effects.aspx

When it comes to hypothyroid, the first thought usually comes down to an Iodine deficiency.  Even though the thyroid needs iodine to function, it only needs a small amount and a deficiency is usually a slight possibility.  Other causes for hypothyroid is Cortisol, Cytokines, or could be the result of Hashimoto's. Adding to the list is Soy

No comments:

Post a Comment