Welcome

WELCOME- My name is Tyson Devereux. I grew up in the Boise/Meridian area. I chose to be a chiropractor because the chiropractors in my life were filled with passion and love - and I may not have known what chiropractic was - All I knew was that I wanted to have a career and life filled with the same love and passion and satisfaction helping others. I attended Parker University which was an amazing experience. It was a long journey and not only did a gain that love and passion I was seeking, but I came back with a message - a message of health and wellness.

I started this blog when I was just starting my journey through school. I plan to continue this blog now as a practicing doctor - to utilize this media to share my message to anyone willing to listen. I know this blog can or will be useful to anyone who desires to read it. I will try to post as frequently as I can. As well as, if there are any questions, please feel free to ask . . or even provide any addition answers or insight. So come and enjoy the fountain of knowledge, or just have fun feeding the fish.

My goal - To provide helpful information, to make it available to help one another, to take control of our lives, and to take back our Health


Search This Blog

Monday, October 11, 2010

Allergies In The Air . . . And In Our Food

I just have a few notes from class considering Allergies, especially considering it is about the time when allergies are prevalent.  There are 4 types of allergies, which there are 2 that are common in food.  There is Type 1- which is immediate.  This is what we consider food poisoning, and most food allergies fall under this category . . . however, that's only considering the food allergies that we are aware of.  In actuality, most food allergies occur as Type 4- which is delayed and can take days for symptoms to be present.  Unfortunately, when symptoms do occur, we often don't think or associate them with what we ate several days ago and so get misdiagnosed

There are several chemicals in our foods (natural and/or synthesised) that cause allergies that often get undetected.  It can be as well known as MSG or as simple as Bonzoate found in bananas and chocolate.  Not everybody is allergic to these chemicals, but too often than not, we are unaware that what we are consuming is making us ill.

Both my kids have had respiratory issues, mainly inflammation and congestion.  My son continues to have complications, in which we have recently found that many respiratory allergies are caused or induced by Milk, Egg, Chocolate, Soy, and Cereal  (Again, not everyone is effected by these products, but may be common factors)  It just so happens, that Milk (processed cow's milk) is the factor, along with other dairy products and bananas which enhance the congestion.  Also an interesting note.  If a mother is breastfeeding, the dairy products consumed by the mother could be passed on to the baby.  My daughter was congested when she was a baby, but it was constant.  The doctor said it would clear, but it never really did, not really until she stopped breastfeeding.  This is often the cause for collicy babies.

Research has shown that 100% of children with food allergies are deficient of Acidophilus and Bifidus.  These are two bacteria that are commonly found in the flora of our intestines.  These are helpful bacteria that we need, to help us digest and break down particles.  Obviously, if these bacteria are not around, complications can occur.  (Side note- so if taking an antiboitic, remember that it is also killing the good bacteria in our body along with the bad.  It is important to take probiotics to reintroduce more of the good bacteria in our gut before these serious problems occur)

Another research done by James Breneman in 1968.  69 patients with gallstones were put on an Elimination Diet to find any food allergies.  Once they were taken off these foods, 100% were free of symptoms.  Pretty powerful stuff.  The top five food allergies he came across are Egg (92%), Pork (63%), Onion (52%), Fowl (34%) and Milk (24%).  How does this occur?  The food allergian causes a reaction, creating edema in the gut which blocks off the bile duct of the gallbladder.  You think if the gallbladder is dysfunctional, its going to cause some problems.  Oh yeah

Sorry, I wrote more than expected, but is all pretty cool stuff.  Just for a last thought, a friend posted this on his facebook and I thought it would be good to share with all

To all of my friends out there who have little ones, especially those that get a lot of ear infections. Cooper came down with a full blown ear infection on thursday, so that evening we started giving him grapefruit seed extract ear drops three times a day. We took him back to the doc this morning (Monday) and the infection was completely gone, and without the use of any drugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment