Welcome

WELCOME- My name is Tyson Devereux. I grew up in the Boise/Meridian area. I chose to be a chiropractor because the chiropractors in my life were filled with passion and love - and I may not have known what chiropractic was - All I knew was that I wanted to have a career and life filled with the same love and passion and satisfaction helping others. I attended Parker University which was an amazing experience. It was a long journey and not only did a gain that love and passion I was seeking, but I came back with a message - a message of health and wellness.

I started this blog when I was just starting my journey through school. I plan to continue this blog now as a practicing doctor - to utilize this media to share my message to anyone willing to listen. I know this blog can or will be useful to anyone who desires to read it. I will try to post as frequently as I can. As well as, if there are any questions, please feel free to ask . . or even provide any addition answers or insight. So come and enjoy the fountain of knowledge, or just have fun feeding the fish.

My goal - To provide helpful information, to make it available to help one another, to take control of our lives, and to take back our Health


Search This Blog

Thursday, November 18, 2010

World Diabetes Day - A Day of Hope

November 14th was World Diabetes Day- which I just happened to have a pageful of notes looking into Diabetes.  The two classes had a very different look into the subject- but one thing stood out very clear.  It is an increasing problem, and the standard care is not sufficient.  13 Million people are affected in the United States which causes 35,000 deaths annually- making it the seventh leading cause of death in the US. It is a matter that needs to be looked at. I just wanted to share a general information about diabetes mellitus- and what can be done that not many people know about.


Type 1 Diabetes-  This is often a childhood development in which insulin is not produced from the pancreas.  Insulin is important for glucose transportation into the cells.  This can be a genetic disposition or be caused be a viral infection, but most likely it is an auto-immune disease in which the body attacks certain proteins which have similar structures to the cells that produce Insulin, and therefore the cells get destroyed too.  There are certain proteins found in cows milk that can trigger the attack - showing an association with milk and juvenile diabetes.


Diabetes is very serious and hard to manage.  Often very serious complications occur, commonly neuropathy of the feet which then can lead to other conditions such as blindness, coma, and death.  In fact, doctors label it as  "Incurable"  - You really believe this is incurable? The standard care is insulin shots with a poor suggested diet that has very little effect when there are obvious alternatives that have proven to eliminate diabetes.  To get my point, you may need to read to what I am not saying more than what I am saying (Hint:  What I am not saying is the Medical Profession is a business.  What I am not saying is that there are proof of alternatives and the American Medical doesn't want to accept it.  What I am not saying is that each insulin prescribed, each oral medication taken, each beta blocker given is money in their pockets.  What I am not saying is that it is hard to let a profitable business die out)


It was just today that I thought, if it is the pancreas that has been effected- what if there was something that could help support the pancreas.  I've heard of liver support and adrenal support, it just seemed reasonable to provide support to the pancreas.  That's when I saw this website- http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0FKA/is_n4_v58/ai_18178322/ I am not suggesting gymnema sylvestre exactly, but rather to show that even though a cure looks bleak- there are alternatives out there to look into that may provide an answer and more importantly- HOPE


Type 2 Diabetes - This is a less severe type that is often diagnosed later in adults.  In Type 2, there is insulin, but the receptors on the cells are resistant to it.  This type is easier to manage and not as severe, but sadly this is often mismanaged with a poor diet restriction and insulin shots.  This mistreatment from both the patient and the care provider can easily induce serious complications as well.  The standard diet given to a diabetic consists of 20% protein, 40% fat, and 40% carbs.  In your mind, I want you to circle the 40% fat- really? 40%?  the China Study http://www.hidden-diabetes-cures.com/index.html focuses more on a fat intake problem than a carbohydrate problem.  This makes sense when understanding that this isn't an insulin problem, it's a resistance problem and understanding what may cause the resistance.  Research shows that muscle lipids are associated insulin resistance- along with several studies done eliminating fat instead of carbohydates.


One book suggestion is Dr. Fuhrman's, Eat To Live.  A very recommended book.  His suggestion is not a low carb diet, but rather a high carb diet.  This doesn't make practical sense to a diabetic, but we have to understand that this isn't a carbohydrate problem, this is a fat problem.  Here is a list of a suggested diet.  The first two points are key and the rest are added additional support


  1. Greens- fruits and veggies, especially the leafy green veggies are the main source of carbohydrates necessary, along with antioxidents and immune support and fiber
  2. Beans- contain lignins that bind to sugar to effectively reduce blood sugar levels
  3. Chromium- this takes several months to take effect, but it increases insulin sensitivity
  4. Vanadyl Sulfate- also increases insulin sensitivity
  5. Cinnamon- a great source to lower blood glucose levels - http://diabetes.about.com/od/whatsonthehorizon/qt/cinnamon.htm
  6. Magnesium- increases carbohydrate metabolism
  7. Garlic- decreases cholesterol and triglycerides
  8. Gymnema Sylvestre- reduces blood sugar levels and supports the pancreas
  9. Avoid refined sugars and starches and oils- we need to decrease fat
  10. Exercise- A known importance to a diabetic, but it has been shown that 10 min of exercise daily helps decrease glucose insulin

One last thing I wanted to share.  There is a hope for diabetes.  It has been shown to be "curable", even Type 1, but the information isn't readily out there.  Here is a website to check out. http://www.rawfor30days.com/index4.html

Please look thru and share.  It is vital information.  This is what motivated me to try the raw diet for a week, and has helped me gain a greater appreciation and knowledge of our health choices.  Our health choices have a great power and helps us be in control of our health again.  There are some amazing results- and it is out there for us

No comments:

Post a Comment