Welcome

WELCOME- My name is Tyson Devereux. I grew up in the Boise/Meridian area. I chose to be a chiropractor because the chiropractors in my life were filled with passion and love - and I may not have known what chiropractic was - All I knew was that I wanted to have a career and life filled with the same love and passion and satisfaction helping others. I attended Parker University which was an amazing experience. It was a long journey and not only did a gain that love and passion I was seeking, but I came back with a message - a message of health and wellness.

I started this blog when I was just starting my journey through school. I plan to continue this blog now as a practicing doctor - to utilize this media to share my message to anyone willing to listen. I know this blog can or will be useful to anyone who desires to read it. I will try to post as frequently as I can. As well as, if there are any questions, please feel free to ask . . or even provide any addition answers or insight. So come and enjoy the fountain of knowledge, or just have fun feeding the fish.

My goal - To provide helpful information, to make it available to help one another, to take control of our lives, and to take back our Health


Search This Blog

Monday, November 15, 2010

Detox

This was from a special lecture from Curt Hamilton, the same doctor who spoke at the seminar on male and female hormones.  This lecture was a very informative look into detoxification.  This is very important to understand when it comes to the basics of chiropractics.  We treat the physical stresses on the body, but we also need to treat the chemical stresses on the body.  This is done mainly with proper nutrition and body awareness, but there are many toxins we are not only exposed to, but stay within us. It is important to detox ourselves from these harmful chemicals.

First, it is important to rid of the unwanted material in a proper timely fashion.  This goes back to the concept with Estrogen.  Any Estrogen taken in needs to eventually be put out.  This goes with many things we take in our body and if they are not being rid of sufficiently, they will be released back into the bloodstream in toxic forms, often stored in fat cells and most likely forming cancer.  There is no coincidence that at a time where cancer is so prevalent, almost common, that we are a society consuming and exposing ourselves to so many chemicals, from our food to our hair dyes to our make up.  And that's added upon that we are exposed to constant stress which slows down our digestive metabolism, we lack necessary fiber in our diet, and we commonly suffer conditions that slow down our metabolism like Hypothyroid.

The main organ that helps our body rid of toxic waste is the liver.  The liver is a vital organ that we take advantage of. It's like that friend that always bails us out after we make stupid choices. The liver uses a pathway to convert toxic materials into nontoxic forms that the body can either utilize or easily rid.  An important part to this pathway is Glutothione.  If the liver is unable to convert the toxins, due to toxin overload, they will get stored into our tissues.  These toxins have a great effect on our body, often resulting in Obesity, Immunodeficiency, Chronic fatigue, Cancer, and several unexplained or chronic illnesses.  There are some natural foods that can help us detox our body.

  1. Improving Gastrointestinal function
                  Limit stress in our lives (exercise), a Fiber rich diet, cruciferous veggies, and Apple Cider Vinegar

    2.  Support the Liver

                 Milk Thistle, Hepatic-trophorestoration, Tumeric, Garlic, Green Tea, Spanish Black Radish

   3.  Increase Glutothione

                 Whey Protein, Red Clover, Rosemary, Sage

There are several other things that can help improve the detoxification pathway and support our liver.  It basically comes down to eating proper nutrition, limit stress, and exercise.  It may need to include more when it comes to the specifics.  Many of these things mentioned have their specific properties that can do great things.  Spanish Black Radish has been used to fight off cancerous agents, as well as Tumeric has been used to protect the liver from smoking chemicals. There are also certain diet protocols that can be used that have seen great results, you can look up Standard Process for their protocol.  I enjoyed the lecture, and it is something I would enjoy looking into and learning more to utilize in my office and with my patients.  Too many people are going around not really sick, but just not feeling well.  We have overloaded our body with toxins.  We need to Remove and Restore our body back to how it should be, to start feeling GOOD again.


2 comments:

  1. Tyson I love your blog! It's awesome that you take the time to do this. It provides others with access to the valuable information that we learn each day in class! Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I enjoy writing it. I'm just glad people read it.

    ReplyDelete