Welcome

WELCOME- My name is Tyson Devereux. I grew up in the Boise/Meridian area. I chose to be a chiropractor because the chiropractors in my life were filled with passion and love - and I may not have known what chiropractic was - All I knew was that I wanted to have a career and life filled with the same love and passion and satisfaction helping others. I attended Parker University which was an amazing experience. It was a long journey and not only did a gain that love and passion I was seeking, but I came back with a message - a message of health and wellness.

I started this blog when I was just starting my journey through school. I plan to continue this blog now as a practicing doctor - to utilize this media to share my message to anyone willing to listen. I know this blog can or will be useful to anyone who desires to read it. I will try to post as frequently as I can. As well as, if there are any questions, please feel free to ask . . or even provide any addition answers or insight. So come and enjoy the fountain of knowledge, or just have fun feeding the fish.

My goal - To provide helpful information, to make it available to help one another, to take control of our lives, and to take back our Health


Search This Blog

Friday, November 12, 2010

Recipes To Try

For a while now I've been wanting to post any recipes that might be fun to try.  I believe many people want to eat healthier, but two problems occur.  First, they don't buy the right things and so they eat what they buy.  Second, they don't know any good recipes, or like me, think that any healthy recipe is worth skipping.  As I have mentioned before, I have been trying to look for new recipes, healthy or not, and see what I can do to make it healthy or to just try them.  There have been two that I have been wanting to try and I did tonight, one very healthy and the other not so much, but beats the alternatives.


No Sugar Chocolate Recipe (Got this from a fellow student so I just copied is notes- this is a very good recipe as it is and healthy.  For my extra taste, I even added some coconut to it.  Loved it.  It's a little time consuming, but great to make for get together, especially to eat with fruits like strawberries, pineapples and bananas.  It's good enough to be proud to say you made it, and to add that its good for you)
 
1 bar of 100% organic cacao (I got all my ingredients at central market)
1 can of organic coconut milk...full fat
3/4 cup ground flax seed
2 or 3 tablespoons of fresh ground cinnamon
1/4 cup raw honey
 
little paper baking cups
 
Remember...we do not want a lot of heat, just enough to melt and mix.  As such, I fill a pot with water and put my sauce pan on top, so as to steam the bottom of the sauce pan.
 
Melt chocolate first and then add ingredients and mix with a spatula.
 
Pour finished product into a measuring cup (to facilitate the pour....:).. and distribute to baking cups (optional)
 
Refrigerate or freeze
 
Homemade Ranch Dressing (Got this from the Food Nanny.  It's not all healthy, but beats the alternatives that add sugars, gums, and preservatives and who knows what else.  Home made is always better and this is a great recipe.  I was surprised by how well it turned out.  This is a good example of what people can do to eat healthier.  If we learn that something isn't good for us, don't get discouraged, just learn how to make it yourself and you have control of how healthy it can be)

¾ cup mayonasse
½ cup buttermilk
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp pressed garlic
¼ tsp oregano
½ tsp minced onion
¼ tsp salt

Mix all ingredients in a blender- store in a tight container up to 1 wk (since it has no preservative, it is better to make in smaller quantities)

Hopefully this helps, or least gets some people thinking of what they can do to try new recipes.  There are plenty more recipes out there, that can be healthy, but doesn't have to taste "healthy". If there are any to share, please feel free.  I would love to try more.


No comments:

Post a Comment