Welcome

WELCOME- My name is Tyson Devereux. I grew up in the Boise/Meridian area. I chose to be a chiropractor because the chiropractors in my life were filled with passion and love - and I may not have known what chiropractic was - All I knew was that I wanted to have a career and life filled with the same love and passion and satisfaction helping others. I attended Parker University which was an amazing experience. It was a long journey and not only did a gain that love and passion I was seeking, but I came back with a message - a message of health and wellness.

I started this blog when I was just starting my journey through school. I plan to continue this blog now as a practicing doctor - to utilize this media to share my message to anyone willing to listen. I know this blog can or will be useful to anyone who desires to read it. I will try to post as frequently as I can. As well as, if there are any questions, please feel free to ask . . or even provide any addition answers or insight. So come and enjoy the fountain of knowledge, or just have fun feeding the fish.

My goal - To provide helpful information, to make it available to help one another, to take control of our lives, and to take back our Health


Search This Blog

Friday, November 5, 2010

Hypertension

Hypertension is becoming common in society, so much that they are changing what is normal.  And what is given for this from the medical world?  In an instant, beta blockers are given to lower blood pressure and statins are given to decrease cholesterol.  Not only are these only 30% effective, they also present very serious and significant side effects.  How about methods that are 100% effective without any negative side effects?  Here is what we can do to prevent and reduce hypertension

  1. Diet- This is a vegetarian or a near vegetarian diet (or simply eliminating refine carbs and animal protein).  Sadly, this often turns people away and towards drugs, all because they don't want to change.  But it is necessary.  Diet alone can reduce hypertension dramatically.  A vegetarian or a near vegetarian diet not only provides nutritional components that will lower blood pressure, but will also reduce body weight and improve our Potassium to Sodium levels which also have effects on our blood pressure. But simple changes can make a great impact.  It has been shown that eating 2 carrots a day will reduce cholesterol levels, and also eating 4 oz (one stalk) of celery will lower blood pressure. Changing our diet alone will do greater good in our blood pressure than any drug.
  2. Chiropractic Adjustment- This blog is more than just chiropractic, but I can't ignore the fact that an adjustment has a great effect on lowering blood pressure.  There are plenty of videos and articles out there, but here is just one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBwJIZTq8Yg&feature=fvw
  3. Exercise- low intense/high repetition exercise is best (walking for an hour is better than running for 30 minutes)
  4. Supplements- These include taking a  good multivitamin, omega-3, and Coenzyme-Q10
  5. Herbs-Tthere are some great herbs we can include in our diet, including garlic, abana, and coleus root

2 comments:

  1. Controlling our food habits after certain age,will greatly help in reducing the hypertension.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the confirmation and endorsement.

    ReplyDelete