Welcome

WELCOME- My name is Tyson Devereux. I grew up in the Boise/Meridian area. I chose to be a chiropractor because the chiropractors in my life were filled with passion and love - and I may not have known what chiropractic was - All I knew was that I wanted to have a career and life filled with the same love and passion and satisfaction helping others. I attended Parker University which was an amazing experience. It was a long journey and not only did a gain that love and passion I was seeking, but I came back with a message - a message of health and wellness.

I started this blog when I was just starting my journey through school. I plan to continue this blog now as a practicing doctor - to utilize this media to share my message to anyone willing to listen. I know this blog can or will be useful to anyone who desires to read it. I will try to post as frequently as I can. As well as, if there are any questions, please feel free to ask . . or even provide any addition answers or insight. So come and enjoy the fountain of knowledge, or just have fun feeding the fish.

My goal - To provide helpful information, to make it available to help one another, to take control of our lives, and to take back our Health


Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

McDonald's: Adding Insult To Injury

I just returned from McDonald's (don't judge me).  It was a birthday party and felt obligated to go. Besides the fact that I believe fast food restaurants are the single evil that has destroyed our health as a society, I'm not really railing on food chains. It was more the accessories that I noticed this time around.  This particular restaurant has been recently remodeled, and so it is very up to date.  However, it changed from a large square room with booths to a multi-room entertainment center.  The main room was rectangular with two 30 something inch flat screens on the wall, and every booth had a touch screen TV that had several different games on it to play.  In the back was a lounge with leather seats and a 52 inch flat screen on the wall playing CNN or something.  Even the kids area all had touch screens at the booths.  If it wasn't for the small play area - that place was more like a grave site.

I'm sorry to sound so grim, but it truly was shocking to me. It's not just McDonald's.  Our society just doesn't get it.  Not only is the food a health risk, they add on to the problem.  Now we have TV's while we eat which only creates worse of a problem.

McD's now stands for Myocardial Infarction, Cancer, and Diabetes - because that's what you're going to get when you eat there.  You might as well just order it with your triple mcdouble patty with bacon.
Customer: I'll have the McCardial Burger with a large tumor
Worker: Would you like some Diabetes with that?
Customer: Do you have Insulin-resistant?
Worker: No sorry, we just have insulin free diabetes
Customer: Ok, I'll take that  . . . and can you throw in some packets of ADD

I'm not trying to make lite of the issue, I'm trying to show how serious of an issue this truly is. Not only are we eating the food.  Now we are sitting motionless watching TV while we eat, promoting obesity.  Now we are distorting our posture, creating mental dysfunction.  Now we are watching CNN or whatever, creating stresses while we eat which decreases are digestion, promoting release of cancer causing agents as our food sits in our digestive tract.  This is real stuff.  Wasn't it nice back in the day when all we had to do was worry about the food we are eating? It's only getting worse my friends.  Hang in there.  Take control.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, all the remodels around here added HUGE indoor play areas, with separate toddler play areas all free of ball pits. The only TV in the whole place was off to the side of the counter, a large flat screen above a few off to the side booths. I agree with you though, too much inactivity with such awful food is terrible.

    ReplyDelete