Welcome

WELCOME- My name is Tyson Devereux. I grew up in the Boise/Meridian area. I chose to be a chiropractor because the chiropractors in my life were filled with passion and love - and I may not have known what chiropractic was - All I knew was that I wanted to have a career and life filled with the same love and passion and satisfaction helping others. I attended Parker University which was an amazing experience. It was a long journey and not only did a gain that love and passion I was seeking, but I came back with a message - a message of health and wellness.

I started this blog when I was just starting my journey through school. I plan to continue this blog now as a practicing doctor - to utilize this media to share my message to anyone willing to listen. I know this blog can or will be useful to anyone who desires to read it. I will try to post as frequently as I can. As well as, if there are any questions, please feel free to ask . . or even provide any addition answers or insight. So come and enjoy the fountain of knowledge, or just have fun feeding the fish.

My goal - To provide helpful information, to make it available to help one another, to take control of our lives, and to take back our Health


Search This Blog

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Our Roadtrip

Who likes going on road trips?  Whether you had a bad experience, or the time of your life, road trips are always an adventure.  When I think of the ultimate road trip, I think of my trip I made almost two years ago from my home in Boise, Idaho to attend school in Dallas, Texas.  It was a trip over 2,000 miles, all alone in a small Toyota Echo with no AC and filled to the top with whatever didn't fit in the moving truck.  It certainly was an adventure.

Now, think about that road trip, specifically the car.  What if the gas tank was filled up half way, how far do you think I would get?  What if the car had an electrical short in the engine, how far do you think I would get? And what if there was a flat tire on one side . . . how far do you think I would get?  Not very far probably . . . . But that is exactly how we are living day in and day out as a society.  We go through life on low fuel, with an electrical short and a flat tire on one side.  I would like to explain these situations we have placed ourselves in.

The half a tank of gas is our energy system.  This is our sleep and our nutrition which provides us with the necessary fuel.  90% of Americans are sleep deprived.  Not a good way to start out, and our nutrition isn't any better.  Our nutrition has changed from whole foods to processed.  We are now eating products, not foods (I just drank a "Coke", I just ate "McDonalds").  Our effort to eat healthy is to either choose Sugar (which depresses our immune system, defects our nerves, and causes weight gain) or to play it safe and use a Sweetener (which destroys our brain cells).  We need to provide ourselves with proper sleep and good healthy eating habits if we are to start this road trip the right way . . . or we aren't going very far.

The electrical short in the engine is our mental health, mainly our brain.  The nervous system is the master engine of our body.  What causes an electrical short in our bodies.  These are known as the three T's - Trauma, Toxins, and Thoughts.  All these effect our body structure, which then interferes with our nerves.  We need to avoid the traumas, toxins, and thoughts, and make sure our body is aligned and in tune to function properly . . . or we aren't going very far.

The flat tire is about balance.  It is important to keep a proper balance, physically, physiologically, and mentally.  One that I would like to focus on is Stress.  Our body needs a balance of stress and relaxation.  We need relaxation to keep our body from being overworked and our systems running efficiently, but we also need moments of stress to keep us going- our moments of "Survival".  Unfortunately, we are faced with stressers from the time we get up to the time we lay back down that night.  It seems impossible to avoid it.  However, if we are always faced with stressers, we run ourselves out.  This is why we begin to see sleep deprivation which then turns into chronic fatigue and then into chronic pains.  And if someone isn't feeling well and in pain, they become less active and become sedentary which then leads to more serious conditions such as Chronic Depression, ADD, ADHD, Parkinson's and much more.  We need to maintain a proper balance in our lives Physically, Mentally and Physiologically . . . or else we really aren't going to get very far.

Who often finds themselves on low fuel, pushing it to see how far into Empty we can go before refuelling?  Who finds themselves feeling or hearing strange noises and just shrugs it off as nothing? More importantly, who sees the "Check Engine" lights and just ignores it, or even tries to cover it up?  Now, I didn't ask about your car . . . I asked about you.  Are you running on low fuel, pushing yourself to just keep going?  Are you hearing or feeling strange things and just shrug it off as nothing?  Are you seeing the "Check Engine" light (pointing to head)?

When I planned my trip, I had a goal in mind.  I was going to Dallas, Texas and nothing was going to stop me.  I made the necessary precautions to make sure my vehicle was functional and ready for the trip.  I bought a map, I bought new tires, I got a tune up and I filled my gas tank to Full.  I drove through rain, thunder and lightning and even through the high winds of Wyoming and through the endless plains of Kansas, but I kept going  . . . because I had a plan and a Goal.  I encourage everyone to set yourself a Goal of where you want yourself to be, and taking every precaution necessary to get you there.  Prepare and maintain your vehicle . . and enjoy your Trip

No comments:

Post a Comment