Welcome

WELCOME- My name is Tyson Devereux. I grew up in the Boise/Meridian area. I chose to be a chiropractor because the chiropractors in my life were filled with passion and love - and I may not have known what chiropractic was - All I knew was that I wanted to have a career and life filled with the same love and passion and satisfaction helping others. I attended Parker University which was an amazing experience. It was a long journey and not only did a gain that love and passion I was seeking, but I came back with a message - a message of health and wellness.

I started this blog when I was just starting my journey through school. I plan to continue this blog now as a practicing doctor - to utilize this media to share my message to anyone willing to listen. I know this blog can or will be useful to anyone who desires to read it. I will try to post as frequently as I can. As well as, if there are any questions, please feel free to ask . . or even provide any addition answers or insight. So come and enjoy the fountain of knowledge, or just have fun feeding the fish.

My goal - To provide helpful information, to make it available to help one another, to take control of our lives, and to take back our Health


Search This Blog

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Master Our Innate

Long before the movie, William Ernest Henley has inspired countless of people with his powerful words, Invictus.  "It matters not how straight the gate, how charged the punishments the scroll.  I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul."

I put the phrase, Back 2 Health, at the top of this page to emphasize the urgency to return to something that we have gradually veered from as a society.  I feel several of us often say, "I'm already healthy"  I know, because it is something I have said.  But are we?

The body is an amazing thing, with an incredible design.  The majority of the body functions unconsciously, or with very little thought.  We have learned to breath without having to think about it.  The body, in its infinite wisdom, makes it all work, from our lungs for breathing down to each and every microscopic cell utilizing the nutrients needed to function.  The body knows all.  Do we know how much calcium our muscles need to contract, how much blood is needed in a certain part to avoid hypoxia, or even how many white blood cells are needed to fight off invaders?  We don't . . but our body does.  Our body wants to be healthy.  Let me repeat that, our body wants to be healthy . . . but are we letting it?

There are several factors, or Stressers, that expose the body to diseases and complications.  We organize these stressers as the 3 T's known as Traumas, Toxins, and Thoughts . . . or it can be put as the Physical, the Chemical, and the Emotional.  The physical varies from the small daily activities to the unfortunate traumas that occur.  This is the daily grind on the body physically.  The chemical is the things that we put in the body.  This ranges from what we eat, to what we expose our bodies to like dyes and makeup.  The emotional is often overlooked, but can have a great impact in our life and especially in our health.  Especially in the world today, we often cannot avoid Stress.  It is in our school, our work, and too often even in our own homes.  Several of these stressers have great impact on our immune system, thus exposing us to diseases.  It is not our body gone wrong, it is not even the pathogen that invades our body, it is our own choices.  All these stressers are avoidable.  Are we eating right?  Are we exposing ourselves to harmful chemicals?  I know each and everyone of us, including myself, can make better decisions in our lives.  Our body will be forever grateful.
 
Too many feel that they have no control on their health.  Some are told that they are genetically exposed to these diseases.  Don't let these lies fool you.  There is more recent studies I hope to share later showing that genes are not a permanent imprint, but can change and adapt. You have control.  You are the master of your health.  Take control of your life.  Take back your health.  "It matters not how straight the gate, how charged the punishments the scroll. I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul."

1 comment:

  1. man cannot be master of fate because man cannot fight the urge to breath. (Its Me)

    ReplyDelete