Welcome

WELCOME- My name is Tyson Devereux. I grew up in the Boise/Meridian area. I chose to be a chiropractor because the chiropractors in my life were filled with passion and love - and I may not have known what chiropractic was - All I knew was that I wanted to have a career and life filled with the same love and passion and satisfaction helping others. I attended Parker University which was an amazing experience. It was a long journey and not only did a gain that love and passion I was seeking, but I came back with a message - a message of health and wellness.

I started this blog when I was just starting my journey through school. I plan to continue this blog now as a practicing doctor - to utilize this media to share my message to anyone willing to listen. I know this blog can or will be useful to anyone who desires to read it. I will try to post as frequently as I can. As well as, if there are any questions, please feel free to ask . . or even provide any addition answers or insight. So come and enjoy the fountain of knowledge, or just have fun feeding the fish.

My goal - To provide helpful information, to make it available to help one another, to take control of our lives, and to take back our Health


Search This Blog

Friday, September 17, 2010

Back 2 Health

As mentioned in the previous post, our country is plagued by some serious diseases, many in which go unnoticed before it is too late, or so it may seem.  The medical field does all it can to battle these diseases, with very little success, usually only preventing more damage at the most.  Looking at all these diseases we face, what if I told you that there was something out there that could not only reduce, but possibly cure people from these diseases?  What if I said there was something that was risk free, inexpensive, and has the ability of having a great impact?  What would you say?

The answer, or rather the solution, is Nutrition.  This is the main idea of my Blog.  Back 2 Health. As a society, and even worldwide now, we have veered away from health, primarily we have as a whole have veered away from nutrition.  Too much Sugar is being consumed.  The average american consumes 150 lbs of sugar a year.  And there is less fresh fruits and vegetables in our diets today.  I can try to find the chart, but it shows a correlation between consuming fruit and cardiac diseases.  The more fruit is eaten, the less cases of heart disease in those parts of the world.  On the chart, Americans were one of the lowest of containing fruit in their diet.  Is it no wonder that heart disease is the number one cause of death in America? But it can be prevented. Lets get back on the path, lets get back into correct nutrition.

Study shows that a person who consumes fresh fruit daily will 70% less likely die from cancer, 32% die from stroke, and 24% chance die from a heart attack.  70%?  No medication comes close to those kind of numbers.  An interesting note.  There are several components of fruit that is so beneficial, but one is folic acid.  We all know this is important for pregnancy, which prevents some birth defects, but it is essential for everyone to have.  It is also an anti-atherogenic, anti-carcinogenic, and anti-depressent as well as a lack of folic acid is associated with poor cognitive function, dementia, and even Alzheimers.

Pertaining to this, there is a health appraisal questionnaire that one can fill out.  Comparing their results to their recorded diet, a doctor in this field of nutrition can recommend changes in their diet and then retake the questionaire again after their strict diet and compare the results. From what I have seen, the results are amazing.  High risk factors drop to normal or moderate risk.  There are significant changes.  There is a website that contains this questionnaire, found at www.nutri-online1.co.uk/Default.aspx?tabid=647
I have decided to take the questionnaire myself, and then change my diet for a week or two, and compare results that I will share.  I'm kinda scared, I'll be eating a lot of plants and maybe even some fish (yuck), but I am curious to see, even for me which I feel is in generally decent health, how changing my diet can improve certain things in my body and life.  Here I go

3 comments:

  1. "The medical field does all it can to battle these diseases, with very little success, usually only preventing more damage at the most."
    Why "medicine" does not cure disease? Cos medical professional do not understand the vital role of water in the human body. The old school of medicine is based on solid paradigm and unless they shift into solvent paradigm, they will continue their errors. medication are palliatives. They are not designed to cure the degenerative diseases of the body. The new paradigm can help us today. A new scientific truth is not usually presented in a way to convince its opponents. Rather, they die off, and a rising generation is familiarized with the truth from the start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because folic acid is the element used to maintain the nerves in healthy condition. Folic acid deficit cause nervous breakdown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your thoughts on nutrition can be traced to the beginning of mankind, read Genesis 1:29. That is the benchmark for any body any where any time if robust health is the answer one is looking for.

    ReplyDelete