Welcome

WELCOME- My name is Tyson Devereux. I grew up in the Boise/Meridian area. I chose to be a chiropractor because the chiropractors in my life were filled with passion and love - and I may not have known what chiropractic was - All I knew was that I wanted to have a career and life filled with the same love and passion and satisfaction helping others. I attended Parker University which was an amazing experience. It was a long journey and not only did a gain that love and passion I was seeking, but I came back with a message - a message of health and wellness.

I started this blog when I was just starting my journey through school. I plan to continue this blog now as a practicing doctor - to utilize this media to share my message to anyone willing to listen. I know this blog can or will be useful to anyone who desires to read it. I will try to post as frequently as I can. As well as, if there are any questions, please feel free to ask . . or even provide any addition answers or insight. So come and enjoy the fountain of knowledge, or just have fun feeding the fish.

My goal - To provide helpful information, to make it available to help one another, to take control of our lives, and to take back our Health


Search This Blog

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Medical Care Is Not Health Care

For all my awesome blog readers (Yes, all 5 of you) I am back - and hopefully with bigger and better things. It has been a while, but things are well. I am done with all my class work and have been so patiently waiting to enter into the clinics. After a month of loopholes known as CSA testing, I have now become INTERN Devereux. Not being in the class room, as awesome as it sounds, has left me with limited ideas of what to post. Due to several pleas, I have attempted to keep this blog going. I definitely need to keep my eyes and ears more open to things, but there are some great things out there to share. I will be more diligent in doing so. So . . . on with the show!

I don't think I will write much this time - simply due to the fact this is my first time using my iPad to write this and typing on here is not so easy. I have spent some time looking for ideas, and I literally stumbled upon an article the other day. It is from another blog at kevinmd.com  -  It is a social media site for health care providers to post their blogs. This article was from an MD with an interesting perspective. However, he is not this holistic doctor like Dr. Mercola or Dr. Oz. I spent some time looking through his other posts, and found myself in constant disagreement. Which makes this particular article even more interesting. His post is titled "America has a medical system not a health system"

This title, from an MD himself, is very interesting. This statement alone creates a barrier between medical care and health. He introduces this right from the beginning, stating that even though we have the latest technology, the latest research, the best trained doctors and the most money available in this system - the health in this country is below average. How so? He states that the profession does not focus on Health, but rather disease and trauma. If I broke my leg and needed serious attention, I sure hope there's a good doctor on hand to provide care - but if I get sick, feel depressed, or my blood pressure is high - the last place I want to go to is a medical doctor, because HEALTH is not their focus. I have made the case that it iscommonly known that heart disease, cancer and stroke are the most common factors of death and disease in this country. But very little, the medical profession included, know what the causes are for these issues, and more importantly what to do about it. He cited the CDC listing major factors in failing health, I will list the top 5 -
1. Tobacco
2. Poor nutrition
3. Lack of exercise
4. Alcohol
5. Infections

It is my opinion that 90% if diseases are derived from a nutrition deficiency. We are a nutritionally deprived nation. Even the FDA recommended nutritional allowance is just the bare minimum and a majority of this population can't even meet those standards. This also includes, in my opinion, tobacco and alcohol. These two uses have their own health issues alone, but they also play a big part in nutritional deficiency. And addressing the last on the list, infections, is directly related to nutrition as well. The most proven way of fighting off infections and preventing diseases is to boost the immune system. Three major ways to improve your immunity is to eat right! Exercise! And get adjusted to allow the nervous system to communicate to the immune system properly to create necessary function and protection!

Amazing, isn't it. The part that I enjoyed the most is his suggestion of working as a group of medical care providers. See, I could read this article and start blowing smoke, getting mad and saying he has no right to start declaring things that the chiropractic profession has known for over a century. I could ridicule and scoff - but how many patients will that help? I think it is vital that we do work together, to find a common ground, but more importantly use our individual, strengths to provide better care to our patients. What we need is a HEALTH care - not medical care

No comments:

Post a Comment